You don’t want to hear about how I’ve been fighting off the evil chest cold that’s picking off each of my coworkers one by one (because mostly that just involves sleeping every minute of the day that’s available for sleeping). So instead I’ll post a recipe, since I’ve been intending to share more recipes lately.
This soup is really healthy, really easy to make, and feels good on a sore throat. Also, I think if you were to add a bit of pasta and maybe some carrots or other veggies, you’d have a lovely minestrone.
Tomato and White Bean Soup
- 1 can white beans (I used Great Northern beans. Yum.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (Muir Glen organic fire roasted tomatoes add a really nice flavor)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1-2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook onions, celery and spices (stirring frequently) in 1/2 cup of the vegetable stock over med-high heat in soup pot for about five minutes or until onion is tender. Add rest of ingredients, cover and simmer for about a half-hour, until beans are soft.